Summertime in Big Sky is an amazing time to visit. With 75 degree cloudless days and 40 degree nights be sure to bring a warm jacket to the Music in the Mountains Concert series every Thursday night. The sun sets at 9:30 pm so you will have plenty of daylight to fit in all your adventures.
Bands from all over the US play on our outdoor stage. Bring your own camp chairs and enjoy the sounds of summer. There are lots of food vendors and fun activities for the kids too. Living in Big Sky for the past 9 years I have compiled a list of my “not to miss” events that happen every summer in Big Sky.
1. Music in the Mountains – Every Thursday night enjoy outdoor concerts in the park at the Big Sky Town Center Stage – 7-10 pm.
2. Big Sky’s Farmers Market – Every Wednesday night at the Big Sky Town Center- 5-8 pm. Food vendors, baked goods, in season fruits and vegetables and many crafts.
3. Big Sky’s PBR – July 30th – August 1st. Watch real professional bull riders try to stay on top of bucking bulls for 8 seconds of fame. 3 days of Rodeo event including music and great food. This is a party not to miss.
4. Big Sky Fly Fishing Festival – July 24 – 26. Three days of fishing, fun, and all for a good cause–ensuring the quality of the Gallatin River! Click on this link to find all the details: Fly Fishing Festival. Sunday – July 26 from 12-4 pm – Family friendly outdoor festival at the Town Center park in Big Sky.
5. Every Monday from 5-8 pm – 320 Ranch Pig Roast – tons of fun and food including slow-roasted pulled pork sandwiches with a choice of two mouth-watering sides, beer on tap from a Montana Brewery and toe tapping music by a local musician on their beautiful deck. Cost is $15 per person.
6. Montana Shakespeare in the Parks – August 2nd – 5:00 pm – Location: Center stage at Town Center Park. “The Taming of the Shrew” is this years performance and its FREE and suitable for all ages. Pack a lunch, spread your blanket on the lawn and sit back and enjoy Shakespeare outside!
7. Vine and Dine Festival – August 13 | Big Sky Resort’s 2nd annual Vine and Dine Festival of wine, food and arts.
8. Big Sky Community Corporation Annual Parks and Trails Gala – August 15 at the Big Sky Community Park. This is a celebration of parks, trails, recreation and community. Unique auction items and live music. Proceeds from the evening will help fund BSCC’s recreational amenities and programs, and further our vision
9. Par the Peaks Golf Tournament – August 13 – Location: The Preserve at Moonlight Basin Golf Course. Contact Women in Action to participate in this amazing fundraiser benefiting local families and giving kids an opportunity to go to summer camps. www.wiabigsky.org
10. Kids Adventure Games – August 28 & 29 – End your summer on an adventurous note with your kids! Location: Big Sky Resort. For kids ages 6-14, who will compete in teams of two in a variety of outdoor obstacles (ziplines, rafting, ropes course) and sports.